Job Title: Mizu Marketing Intern (emphasis on Social Media)
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Mizu Marketing Manager
Our Marketing department is looking for a Social Media Intern to join our growing team. The ideal applicant will possess a knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to a wide scope of marketing projects, monitoring and posting on social networks, participating in online outreach and promotion, and coordinating calendars and brand partnerships. Those looking to gain valuable social media and marketing experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply. This is an un-paid summer internship through August. Dates are flexible for the right candidate. The ideal candidate is a motivated, detail-oriented, hungry to learn and eager to roll up their sleeves.
- Develop social and marketing calendars on a weekly basis
- Monitor and research consumer social trends and strategies
- Upload and create content for social networks, e-Commerce and PR
- Provide support to our marketing team at local events
- Enrolled in college full time – perusing a Marketing degree a plus
- Wide understanding of social networks and consumer trends: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snap and Twitter
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with Marketing Manager
- Confident, determined, self-starter with a positive frame of mind
- Friendly, even-keeled and comfortable in a fun, casual but energetic work environment
- Reliable, trustworthy, honest and respectful team member
- Passion for the environment and Mizu’s mission to reduce single-use plastics.
- Attention to detail and well organized
Attitudes are changing. Single use is out and reusable is in. From outdoor adventures to everyday life, from the moment you rise out of bed and get your coffee to the last sip of water you have before you go to bed; there are endless opportunities each day to choose reusable over single use. Mizu makes premium reusable products that last a lifetime to help take advantage of these opportunities.
Mizu can be found in the hands of people who squeeze every ounce of fun out of life and share a passion for protecting the oceans, mountains and cities we play in. Co-founded by world-class professional snowboarder, adventurer and environmentalist Jussi Oksanen, Mizu crafts premium quality, versatile reusable products that last a lifetime and perform in all aspects of an adventurous life. From water bottles to cutlery, from insulated to single wall - from the coffee shop to the beach, from driving to work or hiking for first tracks, Mizu always has your back.
Enjoy The Journey. Leave Nothing Behind.